26 Nov 2011

Macaron dress in progress

Started making the Macaron dress! I always cut single layers because I find it a more precise way of cutting the pieces. (At the same time this is the part of sewing I hate most...) The two fabrics looks great together and the instruction booklet is clear. I decided to use bias band to finish the sleeves rather than to cut two layers. It worked great! Catchstitched it on the wrong side. The construction of the pocket is interesting, I have to read everything twice to make sure it turns out okay...

Seam finishing of sleeves:

My sewing assistant - not disturbed by the sound of the sewing machine and the radio:

No comments:

Post a Comment