17 Oct 2014

Phildar 093/30 retro-inspired sleeveless baby pullover



After (almost) finishing a few quick and relatively simple knits I wanted to knit something more challenging. I choose a 'sophisticated' looking cute little sleeveless pullover with a relatively simple colorwork from the 2013/14 winter Phildar booklet. I was eager to try this great method for stranded knitting once more. It is so much fun to do! The pattern is simple but looks great.

It makes me think of the 1940's men's fair isle pullovers:

source pics: http://www.thevintageknittinglady.co.uk

The yarn is Drops baby merino and the color combination I choose from my stash is light beige (nr.23) as the main color and light turquoise (nr.10) as the contrast color for the pattern. As for the sizing I guess this will be about a 12-18 months size, which will be great for next autumn/winter!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment