22 Sept 2013

Drops 'Baby Merino' yarn on sale now



While finishing my first jumper, I've already started a new project with a very nice wool: DROPS Baby Merino. It is a fingering weight 100% Merinos wool with a nice smooth quality, not itchy and not expensive either. It is 'superwash' treated which means you could throw it in the washing machine, which I'm not planning to do, but can imagine it can be very handy when knitting baby clothes.

I knit it on size 3-3,5 needes with a tension of 28 sts per 10 cm (7 sts to 1 inch) which is tighter than suggested. But I like the look of it and I didn't experience any distortion or stretching after blocking. The suggested gauge is 24 sts for 10 cm. As you can see on the swatch below, the stitch definition is great:


Good news: this yarn is currently worldwide on sale:
-25% until the 7th of october 2013!

No comments:

Post a Comment