18 Sept 2011

Fall sewing plans



    

    
Clover pants, Jasmine blouse, Macaron dress and Ceylon dress from Colette Patterns a bow blouse and dress from the october 2011 Burda magazine 

I've ordered the Clover pants and Jasmine blouse from the new collection. I'm totally in love with the bow blouse, I'm going to make both versions. How about a stretch corduroy fabric for the pants? I'd like to make a Ceylon dress with 3/4 sleeves, in a darker color. For the Macaron dress I'm thinking of using a crocheted insert for the upper bodice part. This would make the dress more delicate, I think it would look lovely! The another bow blouse is from the new Burda magazine has simple lines - I might add a few darts to make it more fitted.

As for the colors, I've tried to put together some kind of fall palette here. I'd like to use dark green, brown, plum, grey and dark indigo blue. For an accent color I might choose soft pink:

 
            

    

Fall palette idea 
Dark blue bow blouse: Modcloth, Plum bow blouse: Banana republic, Plaid dress: Louis Vuitton, Grey heels: Steve Madden

2 comments:

  1. OOOH! Love your fall sewing wardrobe - especially the contrast on the Jasmine- looking top! Very cool stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just have to find the right fabrics... ;)) I'm really looking forward to sew everything!

    ReplyDelete