9 Aug 2011

Do you sew-along?

Sew-alongs are a great way to learn how to sew your garments correctly and to get a few handy tips along the way. All of it is step by step, with lots of pictures, questions and answers.
There are several sew-alongs in progress right now, I think all of these are suited for a beginner/novice level:

Lonsdale dress sew-along at Sewaholic
Rooibos sew-along at Coletterie Colette patterns
Butterick walkaway dress sew-along at Edelweiss Patterns

Of course, there are a lot of sew-alongs - already finished, but on the internet you can look up every step of them: the Crescent skirt and Pendrell blouse at Sewaholic, the Lady Grey coat on Gerties blog Gertie's blog for better sewing, and the 40's swing dress on the blog on Casey's elegant musings.

If you look for an intermediate course, there is of course The Bombshell dress course of Gertie. This one is not free, it is a video-course on Craftsy, but worth every penny! I signed in, and right now I'm working on ideas for the dress I want to make. Great thing is, that I have the issue of the Burda magazine with the pattern in it.
Do you sew-along? I must admit, for me it is a problem to do things bit by bit. If I'm into a project, I really like to go and finish it asap! (You see, I really wanted to sew-along the Lonsdale dress, but now, halfway the sew-along I already finished two of them...) But I love to read sew-along posts because I learn a lot and get new ideas on how to do things.

No comments:

Post a Comment