17 Sept 2014

Drops merino yarns on sale - stock up!



Twice a year is my favorite superwash yarn DROPS Baby Merino on sale at the retailers. This is actually the only wool I use for knitting, both for vintage jumpers and baby-items. It is a fingering weight 100% Merinos wool with a nice smooth quality, not itchy and not expensive either. It is 'superwash' treated which means you could throw it in the washing machine. I haven't tried that yet, but I know people who did and it works.

I knit it on metric size 3 needles with a tension of 28 sts per 10 cm (about 7 sts to 1 inch) and use metric sixze 2.5 to knit borders. This is tighter than suggested, but I like the look of it and with this tension I didn't experience any distortion or stretching after blocking. The suggested gauge is 24 sts for 10 cm. As you can see on the swatch below, the stitch definition is great:


Good news: this yarn is currently worldwide on sale:
-25% until the 7th of october 2014!

No comments:

Post a Comment