17 Jan 2012

Pattern hoarding?

Well, I have to admit I've purchased quite an eclectic collection of patterns lately...
I buy patterns that I like (sometimes rather impulsive) I'm not trying to collect things from just one fashion era. Although I prefer dress patterns above others.

    Two patterns from EvaDress:
A 50's style blouse because of the interesting raglan sleeves. A late twenties coat because of the pretty seam lines. It also has an interesting 'stuffed' collar!
I have never made anything from EvaDress, but I like the fact they sell reproduction vintage patterns.
Time to try!

 
Simplicity 2724
I've got this one because of the great reviews on sewing blogs (it is a basic shirtdress pattern)


Vogue 8379 (Very easy vogue)
Again the great reviews on sewing blogs made me buy this basic wrap dress pattern. I loooove wrap dresses and I would love to have a good, easy to make pattern for them. Imagine throwing together a wrap dress in just a few hours!


And the Marfy 2440
Raved already enough about it's forties style elegance. I hope it lives up to my expectations!

Since it is a single size pattern I wonder if I've chosen the right size. The Dutch site I used to order the pattern stated clearly: size 42 in Marfy is size 38 in Dutch size. I normally wear 36, so I figured it must be right. The moment of truth is getting closer! 

I've also spotted an older Marfy pattern for a 60's style coat and fell in love, of course:



It is not a recent pattern though, so I sent an e-mail to Marfy Italy and received an answer the next day! The pattern is still available, so I'm going to order it after I determined my size (= have to wait a couple of days now for the dress pattern...) Isn't it great?!

No comments:

Post a Comment