17 Sept 2011

'Waiting for the fall' - Knipmode skirt finished!





Fabric: cotton corduroy
Pattern: Knipmode (Dutch magazine) 5/2011 model 22

- It is a summer skirt pattern but I was attracted by the little flared model and the huge pockets and thought it would work great for a heavier skirt which I could wear with boots for the fall. This is the first skirt I make which is doesn't have a lowered waist which I normally prefer.
- I used a corduroy fabric which I had cut up about 10 years ago, remaining with a bunch of UFO's
- I like how the hem stays out a bit because of the stiffness of the fabric
- The instructions given in the magazine weren't really clear, I figured it out anyway...
- To perfect the fit I had to add 2 darts both in the front as in the back
- I used leftover butterfly fabric from this project for the facing of the waistband
- The original pattern instructed making belt loops too, which I eliminated, just because I don't want to wear a belt with this skirt.
- The only thing left is to make a muslin for the waistband - am I working backwards??? The reason: I really love this skirt but I can't make another one since I did all the changes along the way on the fabric while sewing. To start with, I'm going to try to cut a size smaller, because I had to take in about 4 cm in the waist, plus added darts witch took out another cm of 3...



<

         

3 comments:

  1. I love your skirt, especially the huge pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is really comfy too! I've already worn it twice...

    ReplyDelete
  3. This skirt is adorable and it looks great on you too

    ReplyDelete