12 Sep 2011

Progress on skirt

I managed to cut the skirt pieces from the piece of fabric that was still uncut. The pockets are cut out of the back pant pieces. Because of the fabric (vertical ribs) I had to change the grainline on the pocket pattern pieces. I cut them with vertical grainlines instead of horizontal ones. The vertical lines of the fabric now matches at the side seams.
I've traced the pattern pieces without seam allowances (this counts for every European pattern) but since I find really, really easy to work with US patterns I added 1.5 cm (5/8 inch) all around.

The pockets:




Front:


Back:


The pockets are sewn on the skirt layer, so I marked the line and pressed the seam allowance on the pockets to the wrong side before attaching them:



The result:

No comments:

Post a Comment